Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Appendix

Remember my last post? About So You Think You Can Dance? How I was given the option of Wednesday or Thursday night tickets? And I chose Wednesday night? Well that turned out to be an excellent choice because about 11:00 pm Thursday night as I was going to bed my stomach started hurting. I thought I was just slightly dehydrated from the two days of living out of my car basically...but unfortunately that was not the case!

I woke up again that night at about 1:15 am and my stomach (lower right side to be specific) was KILLING! I tried laying in different positions, went to the bathroom, and finally ventured into my parent's bathroom looking for some pain killers. My dad happened to be awake and asked me what was wrong. I sat down and was talking to him and then he woke up my mom. They asked me several questions while googling stuff on the computer and came to the assumption that it was appendix. So off to the ER we went at about 2 Friday morning.

When I walked into the ER, the nurses immediately said, "You've got the appendicitis shuffle." So they started me on morphin right away as well as had me drinking some dye so I could get a CT scan to confirm everyone's assumptions. By 4:30am I was having the CT scan done and by 9:00am on Friday morning, I was in surgery having my appendix removed. I had to stay in the hospital over night, and this was my first experience at the hospital and having my privacy violated every opportunity given [I was not even allowed to go to the bathroom without my mother while in recovery].

Thankfully I am doing great - just a little muscle sore. I have been teaching dance the last two days so obviously I am not in too much pain! I have three small incisions in my stomach with a grand total of eight staples. Those come out next Tuesday and then no heavy lifting for the next few weeks [although I have already kind of violated this at dance] I am just so glad that I was not still in LA when this hit!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Morgan! I'm so glad you were at home too! That is so scary! I hope all is well and that you're doing better!!! Crazy! I miss and love you tons!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Why did you not TELL me this?!?! I hope you are feeling better! I love you!

    ReplyDelete