Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
2. Eat Sushi
3. Audition for So You Think You Can Dance – or Cougarettes
4. Travel – Visit [at least] 2 states I have not been to before
5. Read the Bible – both Old and New Testament
6. Drive [or maybe walk] across the Golden Gate Bridge
7. Learn words to “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
8. Run ½ Marathon
9. Go to the circus (or Cirque du Soleil if the circus does not present itself available)
10. Eat a giant piece of Pollyanna-like cake
11. Hike the Y
12. Watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies
13. Read Jane Eyre – I have tried this once and got nothing out of it, so I am going to enjoy it this time around!
14. Make myself a dress – a cute dress that I will wear!
15. Attend a professional ballet
16. See the Nutcracker
17. Play in a pile of leaves
18. Visit 7 Temples I have not visited before
19. Ice Skate in an Outdoor ice skating rink
20. Better express my emotions
This blog is now dedicated to the documentation of my "bucket list" so to speak. And now wish me luck as I begin my journey of making my life extraordinary as I prepare to exit my teens and turn the big 20!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Yesterday Kaitlyn and I drove down to Moab to go to Leslie and Alison's baby shower! We headed down at about 8 and got back just before 6. It was a quick adventure but totally worth it. Leslie had invited us and Emily down last semester but it just never worked out for us to go down there. After realizing how short of a drive it really is (and it's an easy, pretty drive too) we totally want to go back sometime! It was so good to see both Leslie and Alison as well as Sharon, Enoch, and Jayne. I love spending time with family, especially family that you don't get to see very often. Again, I failed at life and didn't take any pictures! I wish I had though because alot of the drive was pretty and Moab was a nice a little town. The park we were at was really pretty too with lots of big trees! Can you tell I am from Arizona and am used to the desert? :] Anyways, thanks for inviting us down! We had a lot of fun!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
- California! I have gone twice now, once with the Rogers' and once with the Hatchs'. Both times was only a quick weekend, but at least I was able to go with both groups this year which beats last summer!
- Dance officially ended for the summer :( This makes me so sad cause I LOVE my studio that I teach at. But I will be back eventually and I always visit so I will be able to see them whenever I am home visiting.
- I have gone hiking with friends a couple of times this summer. The first time we went was before the appendix and So You Think You Can Dance (we hiked Camelback which was a killer but sooo fun!) Our most recent hike was to Fat Man's Pass at South Mountain. Not gonna lie - it was flippin HOT! But I would do it again in a heart beat :]
- I went to Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A with my mom, Kaitlyn, Noah, and Taya. We dressed as Cows at about 9 pm and got free food. I love free food :]
- Babysitting is officially my new job. I babysit one little girl once a week while her parents work. She is super cute and happy! Love her! I also take whatever jobs I can get! I have done a long weekend job (Saturday to Wednesday) which wasnt too bad. Yesterday I had 2 babysitting jobs right in a row for a grand total of 14 straight hours of babysitting! Wow...
- Last but not least.....Quilting! This is such a random thing that I love to do....but it is so fun! I am almost done with a quilt that I have been creating and imagining in my head for about 2 years (this is my first summer actually working on it though) It is huge! It is going to be a king-sized quilt - and I love it!
About 4 weeks left untill I head back up to school! Definately bitter sweet since I will miss my family, but I am so excited for my classes and, not gonna lie, to be on my own again!
My quilt! I just need to add some borders on the outside.
Me and Taya at the Beach!
Oh Wyatt.... :]
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I woke up again that night at about 1:15 am and my stomach (lower right side to be specific) was KILLING! I tried laying in different positions, went to the bathroom, and finally ventured into my parent's bathroom looking for some pain killers. My dad happened to be awake and asked me what was wrong. I sat down and was talking to him and then he woke up my mom. They asked me several questions while googling stuff on the computer and came to the assumption that it was appendix. So off to the ER we went at about 2 Friday morning.
When I walked into the ER, the nurses immediately said, "You've got the appendicitis shuffle." So they started me on morphin right away as well as had me drinking some dye so I could get a CT scan to confirm everyone's assumptions. By 4:30am I was having the CT scan done and by 9:00am on Friday morning, I was in surgery having my appendix removed. I had to stay in the hospital over night, and this was my first experience at the hospital and having my privacy violated every opportunity given [I was not even allowed to go to the bathroom without my mother while in recovery].
Thankfully I am doing great - just a little muscle sore. I have been teaching dance the last two days so obviously I am not in too much pain! I have three small incisions in my stomach with a grand total of eight staples. Those come out next Tuesday and then no heavy lifting for the next few weeks [although I have already kind of violated this at dance] I am just so glad that I was not still in LA when this hit!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Wednesday began bright and early! Or should I say dark and early since I woke up at 3:30 in the morning?! We were on the road by 4:30 and by 10:00 am, after only one wrong turn, we were at a McDonalds in LA eating breakfast and getting ready in the bathroom. Which led to Emmas straightening her hair in a Petco but that is a totally different story in and of itself :] By 11:00 we were on our way to Hollywood and arrived at the gates of CBS Television City by noon. There were only 7 people ahead of us in the line! Within the first hour of being in line we saw and waved to Tabitha and Napoleon, Nigel, Tyce Diorio, and Mandy Moore!
At about 2:30, our tickets were checked and then we were lead through security to new waiting area where we saw Ade! We were sorted here using a method unknown to everyone except those using it and told to sit on certain benches. When we were finally all sorted appropriately, we were taken into the studio! Biggest surprise of all: the studio is not very big at all! Even the stage is alot smaller than I thought! Anyways, the show was AMAZING! I was super close to the judges table, like literally right next to it! Cat was super nice and way funny! The judges were awesome too! And of course the dances were incredible. The Hallelujah dance performed by Alex and Allison was amazing to see again on tv - but honestly SOOO much better in person BECAUSE there were breaths choreographed in the dance that were so deep and ragged that they gave the dance that extra touch to drive it in hard.
I had so much fun on this trip! It was an awesome experience and I am ready to apply for tickets again so I can maybe go again next season :]
Monday, May 24, 2010
Since Disneyland, I have just been hanging out looking for a job. So far I am only teaching dance this summer so if anyone needs a babysitter just let me know :] This past weekend I helped at the studio I have worked at with their end of the year recital. It was so much fun to work with them again - I truly LOVE working at that studio. The owners are wonderful!
After school today, I took Noah, Taya, and Wyatt and some SummerSleds we borrowed from our aunt and we went sledding at the park! It was tons of fun! It is very similiar to ice-blocking but you go tons faster, farther, and it is legal :]
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Group Hug.....well sort of! As close as we are gonna get!
Me, Kacie, and Alix...the three girls :]
Yeah I don't even know what was goin on in this one!
Our "Mom" and "Dad" and the six kids :]
It was a great year! Now only six finals to take and next week at this time my mom and Taya will be up here to take us home!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Today all of my roommates and a bunch of guys we are friends with are going over to my roommate Kacie's house for dinner. The guys were in charge of a dessert (they made an apple pie that smelt DELICIOUS in the oven) and we were in charge of a dessert. I kind of got all over that one because I love to bake but haven't done much baking while up here. So I made this little beauty. The first layer is a giant chocolat chip cookie. This is followed by a layer of peanut butter flavored frosting. This is followed by a layer of chocolate cake. The entire thing is covered in chocolate frosting. And to top it off...Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Can you say YUM?! I am so excited to devour this thing - but I will restrain myself and share with everyone tonight. This is my little pride and beauty at the moment that is proudly being displayed on my kitchen table untill it is time to go. Take note - there is not one crumb or smear of chocolate on the platter. I may or may not have spent a good twenty minutes wiping the platter so as to match the presentation of the cake to the deliciousness of the cake :]
Monday, March 8, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
The four brothers got to wear balloon antlers and sing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" to all of us! It was probably one of the funniest things I have watched in a long time! Mataya put on the antlers too - they were bigger than her!
The night ended with a visit from Santa. It wouldn't be Christmas Eve party if Emily and I didn't sit on his lap, so we got our traditional picture together!
Christmas Eve, the five of us kids all watched A Christmas Story in Kaitlyn's room and had a sleepover in there - Mataya claims it is tradition although this was only our second year doing it. Christmas morning came nice and early! I got an enV3 from Santa, some books and movies, and my grandparents got some of my quilts quilted and bound for me! The rest of Christmas was spent watching movies at my grandparents with all of the Hatch family.
Also over break, Noah turned 8 years old! How crazy is that?! He was baptized the day after his birthday and so many friends and family came to support him. My mom wanted a picture of him to put on the table at his baptism so me and Noah had a little photo shoot in our backyard. I think this boy is going to be a model! He was coming up with all sorts of poses and ideas of places to take pictures because he "liked the colors of the plants"! Here is a taste of his GQ photoshoot :)
It was so nice to be home and be able to relax, have my laundry done, and food provided for me! The semester has started again and I think it will be a bit harder than last semester, but I am excited for just about all of the classes I am taking and actually want to take them!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! :D