Friday, December 10, 2010

2 in 1!

One of my bucket list items was to see the Nutcracker. I looked into seeing a cheap one put on by a dance studio for when I would be home in Arizona, but most of them would no longer be showing when I would be home. So I started looking into seeing the Nutcracker up here in Utah. I took a history of Dance class last year, and my professor was always talking about Utah's professional ballet company - Ballet West. And lo and behold Ballet West was putting on the Nutcracker in Salt Lake City the entire month of December! So last night I went up to SLC and 1) saw the Nutcracker and 2) saw a professional ballet! All in one! And it was phenomenal! The principle dancers weren't even performing - it was their night off - and it was still superb! Not gonna lie, I got emotional during the Grand Pas de Deux cause it was just so beautiful and amazing! The ballerina's feet and legs were gorgeous! The whole thing was fantastic - I need to start going every year.

1 comment:

  1. Ballet West is hands down my favorite dance company. Not that I have much experience with any others. My grandmother used to take me every year to see the Nutcracker at the Capitol Theatre (also my very favorite theater) Their production of Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty are also amazing- FYI

    ReplyDelete