Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cougartails

My family came up from Arizona for a couple of days while everyone was on Fall Break. It was so much fun to have them all here and eventually I will post pics and talk about what all we did, but I don't have all the pics yet - so for now here is what Wyatt and Noah were super excited for in Utah:

COUGARTAILS! That's right....my dad, grandpa, and brothers came to the BYU Homecoming Football game with me and we got some cougartails. Last year I told the boys about these delicious BYU delicacies and of course they were dying to have one. So we bought 3. One for Wyatt, one for me and Noah, and one for my Dad and Grandpa. It was the [almost] best part of the game.

For those of you unfamiliar with this BYU treat, here it is. A maple covered long john that is longer than Wyatt is wide. Oh man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Look at Noah enjoy that thing! He loved every minute of being at the game.

I think they enjoyed it too - even if they thought it was a bit too sweet :]

It ended up being a really good game even though BYU has been failing miserably this season [really, did we have to lose to USAFA??] We actually won this game! Which made it even more fun! The best part [even better than the cougartails] was probably after the game. We were walking outside of the stadium to the car and guess who is standing in the street - Elder L. Tom Perry with his wife! That's right. We all stood there for a minute just staring at him, but lots of people were shaking his hand and taking pictures with him, so we joined in the crowd. All 5 of us were able to shake his hand. It was so awesome! He is a very tall man too. As my grandpa said, he had a very firm grip, but his hands were so warm even though it was cold outside. You gotta love BYU and the many opportunities you have to meet/see various apostles and general authorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment