Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Lessons From Roomies

I have decided that everyone needs to experience living with a variety of people. I know for some people it just works (and happens) to go from living with their family to living with their spouse. But I have had the chance to live with a variety of people and I think that if people have the opportunity to do that they should take it. I learned so much living with all my roommates in Provo.

I learned that no one likes other people's messes and you need to clean up after yourself.

A bowl of cereal at midnight is always a good idea.

Love someone and support them through their trials.

Sometimes, when you need to focus on something, it's ok to put your headphones in and pretend you are listening to music.

How to make really good homemade potatoe soup.

It's the little acts of service that mean the most.

Express your emotions. People feel the same way or have been in similar situations and can help.

Dancing in the kitchen isn't normal.

We all have our quirks, but those were the things I always loved most.

To all my former roomies: you guys are great. I miss you and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment