Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Farewell 2012

2012 had it's ups and downs as every year does. But I feel like overall, it was an up year. Here are the highlights (and lowlights) of 2012:

-Finger painted a mural on 3 bedroom walls
-First real broken heart
-Skiied in Utah
-Certified ZUMBA instructor
-Graduated BYU
-Said goodbye to living with my awesome roommates and friends
-Moved to Arizona
-Went to Disneyland/California Adventures
-Wyatt graduated high school
-Went to Magic Mountain
-Started teaching dance again (YAY!)
-Certified kids ZUMBA instructor
-Started watching the best 2 little munchkins
-Started looking for a grown up job
-Roadtripped to Cali with my dad
-Roadtripped to Cali with my dad (again) and Wyatt
-Visited 18 states in 15 days. Some of our highlights were:
Independence, Missouri. 
St Louis
Santa Claus, Indiana (and Holiday World)
Kirtland, Ohio 
Cedar Point Amusement Park
Sheetz (restaurant/gas station back east) 
Chicago
Wisconsin Dells
Mall of America
The Badlands
Scariest wind/thunder/rainstorm of life while sleeping in a tent. In the middle of nowhere South Dakota.
Mount Rushmore
The Cherry Cricket (best hamburger ever is found in Denver)
-Kept looking for a real job
-3 of my best friends got married within 3 weeks of each other
-Went skydiving (again!)
-Got a second and third job teaching dance
-Got a real job! (that made job #4)
-Began the process of putting 10,000 miles on my car in a matter of 4 months
-Saw Les Mis at Gammage
-Bought an iPad
-Got super stressed with my schedule. Result was shingles.
-Went to Provo!
-Applied for and got an internship with the Susan G. Komen Foundation
-Decided to take the GMAT and apply to MBA programs
-Started training for my first marathon
-Happy Thanksgiving!
-Kicked the GMAT's butt
-Became obsessed with the Walking Dead
-Got a much needed break from work
-Made an awesome Les Mis t-shirt
-Celebrated Christmas with family
-Saw Les Mis the movie (obsessed much?)
-Rang in the New Year babysitting my favorite 2 little munchkins!

As far as my goals for 2012 went (made back here) I did decently on them. While I didn't do all of them exactly, I did what was best for me and I feel accomplished.

Now I need to decide on my goals for 2013!

1 comment:

  1. You seriously got Shingles??? I ask because it's rare to get shingles as a young person, and yet I had Shingles when I was 10 or so. Family genes!

    ReplyDelete