Friday, January 25, 2013

Life Lately

This past weekend I played mom for 5 days for 2 little girls (3 and 18 months). New respect for working moms. And single moms. And moms in general. Go all of you. I need another couple years. And a husband. Maybe a boyfriend would be a good start. Guess I should start accepting applications.

Speaking of applications, I didn't get accepted with Teach For America. But I seem to have a very promising possibility with one of my MBA schools. And I am enrolled in a class to get my teaching certificate to just teach in the fall if I decide to hold off on grad school. Unfortunately that just adds choices to my future and choices are not my forte. Sometimes I secretly wish that our world was like The Giver and we were just assigned our job/family/life and told exactly what to do. But then I remember that I voted against that a long time ago and the whole reason I am here is to make choices. I just don't like making them.

One thing I do like doing is teaching dance. Especially my super awesome 6-7 year old class that is dancing to My Boyfriend's Back and they look freakin' adorable doing it. Oh my word. I love it. One of these days I may just have to record their dance and put it on here because I am slightly obsessed with how awesome they are.

The other day one of my dancers was driving me up a wall. Actually two of them were. And there were only two girls in the class. It was one of those days. Anywho. I was about two seconds from losing it - which has never happened before contrary to what my family may think - when she so sweetly looked up at me and told me that when she grows up she wants to be a dance teacher at Dance Element with me. I melted a little and never lost it that day. 

In case you couldn't tell, I am procrastinating right now. Rambling on about the little things in life so I can avoid writing my talk for church on Sunday. I have to speak on missionary work. And I have no clue what to say. Speaking of missions, Wyatt leaves in less than 2 months!! I'm gonna miss that kid. But when he leaves I get his room. My own room! For the first time EVER. His departure will be a bittersweet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment