Tuesday, August 11, 2015

California Adventures

This summer Dance Element took a group of dancers to dance in California Adventures. As my last big hurrah with them before we moved, I was able to go as a chaperon. Molly and Jarom had planned on going over to California with me, but were going to spend the day with some family that lives in that area. Last minute though, they decided to come into the park with me! I was excited to say the least! But Jarom and I agreed that we would only do things in the park that we could all do together. No riding big rides where one of us would have to wait with Molly and then switch and do it again. Being the Disney fanatic that I am though, I did insist that we get to the park as soon as it opens because that is the best time to ride rides. In the first hour at the park we rode the carousel, ferris wheel, Little Mermaid, Monster's Inc., and met Mickey Mouse! 




The rest of the day included riding Toy Story Mania, meeting Anna and Elsa, going to the Playhouse Disney Live show, watching the parade, watching the Aladdin Show, going to Bugs Land, playing in the wood play area, visiting Crush at Turtle Talk, learning how to draw Mickey Mouse. It was such a fun day. Molly loved the rides and watching the shows. She waved to Anna and Elsa. She waved to Jasmine and Aladdin while they were singing "A Whole New World." And it totally melted my heart.







I'm so glad we decided to to do the day the way that we did. The only line we waited in was for Toy Story (about 30 minutes) but that ride is worth waiting for. We were able to spend the whole day together as a family and we created so many fun memories. I know Molly will never remember any of it, but we will. And I think those memories might help convince Jarom to go again at some point in the future! Ha!

We headed home the next day, but stopped in San Diego first for some breakfast at Kono's. That line is always worth the wait. Then we took Molly down to the ocean because it was killing me just a little bit that she had never visited the Pacific Ocean. She hated the cold water. Oh well.




This was our first family vacation (meaning not house hunting in Tucson) as just our little family of 3 and it was so much fun. I love this family of mine and am so grateful for these opportunities that we have to spend together and just relax. Yay for summer and vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment