Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Celebration

Warning: This post has a major overload of pictures! But enjoy :]


Upon graduating and becoming real people, we decided that we needed to celebrate. But we still have poor college student budgets. While a cruise was beckoning to us, we decided to visit the two places that never fail to bring us joy and happiness. The first being Disneyland! Yes, we were just at DisneyWorld, but they really are not the same place at all. And we both prefer the original Disneyland.


We drove over to Cali at about 3am the day we went to Disneyland (we're cool like that) and met up with some friends there. Specifically two of my roommates (Meaghan and Kylee) and Kylee's siblings and friend. We partied hard all day long and did both parks in one day! Without ever using a fastpass. And we saw the World of Color show which blew my mind. It was so awesome.


It was Meaghan's first ever trip to Disneyland and she has never been to Disneyworld, so a picture with Minnie Mouse was a must! 


Kaitlyn and I hadn't been to California Adventures since I was in High School, and it has completely changed! Mickey Mouse is now on the ferris wheel, there is no giant orange, Mullholland Madness is now Goofy's Flight School, there is a Little Mermaid ride, you can get to Tower of Terror from Bug's Land, and Carsland is almost done! So different. And in case you can't read what those pins say that we are wearing (which you probably didn't even notice the pins) they say "Just Graduated!" All the workers were telling us congratulations - it was fantastic.


Oh, and if Minnie Mouse wasn't enough, we got our picture with Mickey Mouse too! He was awesome and gave Meaghan a huge kiss since it was her first visit. It was pretty legit.


The ferris wheel all lit up for the World of Color show! Seriously one of the most magical and entertaining shows I have seen at Disneyland. It was my childhood all wrapped up into one show. I teared up a little. Meaghan and Kylee cried. Sorry to call you guys out :]


Roommates and Honorary Roommate at the end of the day! Yeah, Kaitlyn was our honorary roommate because she was at our place more than hers. We all love her though so it worked out great!


After our wonderful Disney day, we all met up again the next day at the one and only Calafia beach in San Clemente! On a side note, if all my happy places are in Cali, why do I not live there? Anyways, it was so nice to relax on the beach, get a little tan, and show my friends where I grew up during half my summers.


It was such a fun way to celebrate adulthood. Through the last three years Kaitlyn and I have become really close and I am so grateful for the friendship we now have! This trip was so much fun and I am glad I got to spend it with all these people!

Now time for reality and job hunting. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment