Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How to pay the bills

...that is if I had any bills! [thanks to my parentals for free rent]

It's official! I have a job! Well, if we want to get technical: I have a couple of jobs! And I am pretty excited about all of them. It will get pretty crazy in the next couple of weeks, but I am ready to be busy!

So here is the run down. I currently have 4 jobs, with an agreement for a 5th job come November. Crazy, I know. But for some of the jobs I work less than 5 hours a week. Where are all these jobs? Good question. Here is a typical day for me:

Around 8am I head down to Grand Canyon University where I am an Instructor's Assistant for 2 classes. I am on campus until about 1 (sometimes a little longer) and then I leave. But it is not even close to being time to go home! Then I go on to job #2. This is working for a dance company that holds after school dance programs in the elementary schools. So I have 3 schools I am assigned to (one for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) and I just go teach dance for an hour! And then I go teach studio dance! This ranges for anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. Then one day a week after studio dance, I go back to an elementary school to teach dance for an acting/singing/dancing program. I get done with work at a different time everyday, but it is anywhere from 3 to 7pm.

My life is lots of teaching right now. And lots of driving. And lots of everything I love. I am teaching math, dance, and zumba and I absolutely love it! Let's just hope I can keep everything straight and get to the right schools and studios on the right day at the right time!

People think I am crazy with my long dance background, but then my degree is in math. Well, this is how I get to use both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment