Friday, August 10, 2012

One year older. Wiser too?

Remember that post forever ago about how I was freaking out for my 20th birthday? I was already stressing out about getting older? Well that has completely flipped. I am so happy with where I am right now and feel like I am really at a great age!

Being an adult is fantastic. I am at the point in my life where I am working, but I can have so much fun too. I can do the traveling I want to do, go on crazy adventures, and just do whatever! It's so great. Although if something [read someone] were to come along and change that, I wouldn't be opposed to it. But for right now I am loving life!

I have had a pretty crazy year since my last birthday, so here are the highlights (many of which have been mentioned before...but it was a big year so deal with it :] )


San Francisco/Ragnar Relay


The greatest roommates I could have ever asked for! They helped me through some of the hardest times this year. And yes, we are all wearing matching shirts that have our faces plastered on them. We love each other.


Disneyworld!! With my 3 bestest friends :]


Graduated College! 


Disneyland! Truly the happiest place on earth - especially when you are there with fantastic people.


Six Flags! I love amusement parks :]


And then the greatest trip ever. A stop in St. Louis


The turn around point: Cedar Point Amusement Park. And yes, we waited over an hour to go on a ride that goes only straight up and straight back down. But it was completely worth it.


Chicago!! Love that city...I think I could live there and be one happy girl :]


Mount Rushmore - I love national monuments. There is just something about them that pulls me in.
Many people have asked so here are the stats on this trip:
5,207 miles driven
15 days traveled
18 states visited
7 nights camping, 7 nights hotel
4 nights camping in pouring rain
1 night camping in the most horrible windstorm of my life
1 night of sweltering humid heat
2 amusement parks
The best burger I have ever eaten in my life (I will go back to Denver just to eat at the Cherry Cricket)
I will need a couple of weeks of not being in the car for a minimum of 3 hours every day, and then I will be ready to plan our next roadtrip! Northwestern corner of the US maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment