Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Best Friends' Weddings

So the last 3 weekends one of my close friends [all of them also being former roommates] were sealed in the temple to their best friend! I am so incredibly happy for all them - and they all couldn't have married a better guy for them.

The weddings started off with Camille.


Camille and I met our freshman year at BYU - she was living with McKenzie and Meredith, some of my friends from high school, but she was from Mesa! Small world! So then we ended up living together the next two years. We have had some fun adventures together and I am so happy for her and Riley!

The next wedding was McKenzie!


McKenzie and I have been friends since our sophomore year of high school, and room-roommates for the last two years. We have had so many adventures together (skydiving, DisneyWorld, Ragnar/San Fran....) and she has been there for me through some of the hardest trials I have had to go through. And hopefully I have been there for her as well. McKenzie is one my closest friends and I am so glad I got to be there for her on her special day. Her wedding was also one of the most unique weddings I have EVER been to: The bride got sick an hour before the ring ceremony and reception. The bride and groom never made it to either of those events, so the majority of us at the reception ended up swimming in the pool. Fully dressed. And the bride and groom spent their wedding night in the ER. No worries though, everything turned out fine and after two I.V.'s the bride was doing well and they headed off on their honeymoon! Something eventful and memorable would happen at McKenzie's wedding!

The last wedding was Alix! And I am so bummed cause after the reception last night I realized I never got a picture with the bride! So this picture will have to do.


Alix and I have known each other the longest out of any of these friends. We have memories of each other going back to like third grade, but we weren't really friends until 7th grade. And then we were freshman roommates and entered the scary world of college together. We have stayed friends over the years and I am so grateful for that! Alix married her high school sweetheart, Jake, last night and I am so happy for them and excited for them to begin this phase of their lives together! Congratulations to you both!

Now with all these weddings over, what am I supposed to do on the weekends?! :]

1 comment:

  1. Glad I got to spend so much time with you this week! Can't believe after all that we never got a picture! Oh well...Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete