Sunday, August 19, 2012

That Moment Changed My Life!

Once upon a time [last year to be exact] I had a roommate named Meaghan. She was from Tennessee. And all 5 of the rest of us were from Arizona. So upon completion of the school year, she decided to come down to Arizona for a week before heading home for the summer. Well, seeing as how Disneyland and the beach are only 5 to 6 hours from the valley, a small group of us decided that she needed to have those experiences before she headed back on home. And so we went!

Towards the end of our wonderful day at Disneyland and California Adventures. Kaitlyn, Meaghan, and I split off to ride some of the little kid rides. Guess who we saw on our way to Fantasyland? None other than Mr. Mickey Mouse himself! And no one was waiting in line to see him! That is a rare circumstance at Disney and so we took complete advantage of it. We ventured on over and started taking pictures with Mickey. Earlier in the day, we had gotten Meaghan a pin that said "My First Visit" and it didn't take long for Mickey to notice that little guy. Well Mickey got super excited and gave Meaghan a huge kiss and the two of them were just awesome together.

After saying farewell to Mickey, we completed the journey to Fantasyland (grabbing some Dole Pineapple Whip Floats on our way) and got in line for Peter Pan. While in line, Meaghan was still on cloud 9  from having seen the magical mouse himself and exclaimed, "That moment changed my life!" I was dying laughing with how happy Meaghan was and I told her that I absolutely loved the picture we got of Mickey kissing her. She then informed me she was going to put that picture on a pillowcase and mail it to me for my birthday. I loved that idea and said please do. 

While still waiting in line for Peter Pan, I received a text from Meaghan. Confused, I started reading it and it said, "For Morgan's birthday send her a pillowcase with my Mickey picture on it and have it say 'That moment changed my life!'" I busted up laughing again, showed it to Meaghan, and of course she meant to send it to herself and not to me. But after all of that, I have wondered all summer whether or not I would get that pillowcase. Ladies and gentlemen, get excited. Last night, she gave me this beauty:


One of our other roommates {McKenzie} got married yesterday, and Meaghan came out for the wedding. All day she kept telling me she had a present for me. And all day I kept hoping it would be this pillowcase. Finally at about 10:30 last night she gave me the present and it was what I hoped it would be. I was estatic! I screamed, I jumped up and down, and {admittedly} I cried. I was so happy with this pillowcase. But Meaghan went above and beyond what she said she was going to do. She added this little beauty to the back: 


Yes. That is me. And yes. My shorts are hiked up as high as they can go and my shirt is tucked in. Upon arriving home last night, that baby went on my pillow. One of the best presents. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment